[Hidden-tech] Ready made forum solutions

J. Cohen ht at westernmasswebdesign.com
Wed Dec 24 16:00:04 EST 2008

Jonathon Podolsky wrote:
> Thank you all very much for your replies.  Lots of great information and
> tips.  Derek mentioned that he heard good things about Vanilla.  Has
> anyone here used Vanilla?  PunBB?

I've used punBB.  I didn't think it was as simple to administer as
vBulletin.  Once I used the "hack" to get punBB SEO friendly I worried
about upgrading because core code was modified.  That's the problem with
the design of some of the open-source forums.  The method of "adding
modules" is to hack core code.

If you want quick and easy, with great SEO functionality I think it's
hard to beat vBulletin with the vbSEO plugin...

Josh