[Hidden-tech] selling online app v. custom development

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Wed Dec 10 12:12:33 EST 2008

I recommend two books about the independent software vending business:
_Micro ISV: From Vision to Reality_, by Bob Walsh (Apress, 2006)
<http://www.amazon.com/Micro-ISV-Vision-Reality-Bob-Walsh/dp/1590596013/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228929083&sr=8-1>
_Eric Sink on the Business of Software_, by Eric Sink (Apress 2006)
<http://www.amazon.com/Eric-Business-Software-Experts-Voice/dp/1590596234/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228929037&sr=8-1>
There are usually a few used copies of these for sale on Amazon (follow
the links) and the reviews there will tell you more than I can. I got a
lot out of these and found them very helpful in figuring out whether to
and how to go into the software vending business.