[Hidden-tech] An Idea about Email

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Wed Aug 27 20:33:49 EDT 2008

Jim,
I think your approach can identify a lot of spam, but if I was one of
your users I would be very unhappy if it falsely identifies more than
one (or perhaps two) non-spam emails as spam per month. I suggest you
test your idea out and see how many false positives you get. If it
doesn't work as you hope, there are a lot of people working on this
problem using sophisticated methods to regularly publish white- and
black-lists that you can obtain for free and use with free, well-built,
server-based spam-filtering software to identify most spam without false
positives. Have you had a chance to look at the Slamming Spam
<http://www.slammingspam.com> book yet? As someone interested in this
problem, I think you would find it enlightening.
  Scott