[Hidden-tech] An Idea about Email

Roman Victor romanvictor at rvpmdesigns.com
Fri Aug 22 12:06:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

As someone who provides web site hosting and email server administration I
have been giving no small attention and thought to email these days. I have
come to the conclusion that our legal system, both state and federal, is
failing to prosecute enough spammers under the CAN-SPAM act of 2003 to slow
spam. Just by the low number of convictions it still just too easy to send
spam and get away with it. Antispam technology companies need the spammers
to keep around adding new income so they are not interested in stopping spam
at its source.

I have been able to research a few spammers and identify the names and the
physical address of the spammers. One spammer is right in our very state of
Massachusetts.

Before anyone asks for the spammer's address so we can all throw rocks
through his windows, I would rather float the idea the we as a group should
invite the Attorney General of Massachusetts and the US District Attorney to
meet to discuss improving prosecutions or at least create a system for rapid
turnaround cease as desist filings. Another idea is to create a spam court.

I would also like to share my research methods with others so maybe we can
automate the location and filing of complaint against these criminals.

Roman

Roman Victor, Software Developer
RVPM Designs
8 Coach Ln