[Hidden-tech] email marketing software

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Wed Aug 13 11:26:03 EDT 2008

I had a difficult time getting rid of Constant Contact.

My business, National Wireless, Inc. sounds like a cell phone wholesale or
manufacturing business. Constant Contact was sending about 20 spam / day
about close-outs and surplus componets for cell phone stores. Stuff like
specials on 30 Motorola phones, or 55 wall chargers.

Note that none of this was stuff useful for a manufacturer of cell phones,
which is what my company name sounds like.

Now, I run a consulting business and have one pay-as-you-go cell phone. I
dislike cell phones. I think the service is horrid. In the US they are also
very overpriced.

It took several calls to CC, a mess of emails, pleading, and someone there
who understood and helped. That got the spam down to just a few / day.

Somehow a few spammers were either faking their assoc with Constant
Contact, or CC wasn't telling the whole truth. I suspect the former, but
the format of the emails (in text, not HTML) was always exactly the same.

I had to keep forwarding these emails to the contact person in CC.
Eventually the spam stopped.

Jim Ussailis
jim at nationalwireless.com