[Hidden-tech] MAC OS X Office 2008??

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Fri Aug 8 10:13:19 EDT 2008

Annamarie Pluhar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone have strong experiences with Office 2008? I seem to remember
> reading about folks being unhappy with the upgrade and reverting to
> Office 2004.
>
> Can one have BOTH on a Mac?
>
> I'm happy enough with Office 2004 but am beginning to get .docx files
> a bit too often. I hate asking clients to save down - it seems
> unprofessional.
>
> Thoughts?  (at the risk of opening up a hornet's nest...   : )

There was mention of something like this at our sysmanagers meeting
yesterday. I think they were talking about Windows, and I thought I
remembered 2008 and 2003. But, what they said was that Microsoft, in
recognition that lots of people were not upgrading, had put out a
converter that would allow 2003 to read files from 2008. That would
allow you not to seem unprofessional ;-) .

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center