[Hidden-tech] Video tutorial creation

Charles Heath htcontact at town-website.com
Thu Aug 7 14:28:18 EDT 2008

I'd like to do screen video captures (PC) to create tutorials for
product training.  Can anyone recommend software to do this?

I've got a copy of Premier Pro 2.0 and could just use a screen capture
to grab video and do the authoring part in Premier, but it would be
great if there is a simple to use all in one tool designed for this
purpose.  Budget is "as low as possible" but I'd like the right tool to
do 10+ hours of videos.

Finally, what format do people recommend?  It looks to me like most
tutorials use Flash video. I've got some long-ago experience scripting
windows media to do fancy things, but no tools to design mixed media,
and I'd really rather focus on just banging this stuff out rather than
twiddling the bits. Thanks much.

Charles Heath
Town Websites <http://www.town-websites.com>

PS - to Amy re: virtual tech support, I don't know exactly what your
article is working with, I'd love to read about people who've set up
support/help desk services that are distributed, using outsourced
resources for overflow.