[Hidden-tech] Educational Web Design 1 course instructor needed

Elaine Garofoli egarofoli at sparkfirelearning.com
Thu Aug 7 15:04:04 EDT 2008

The Marlboro College Graduate Center has a faculty opening in its Master of
Arts in Teaching with Internet Technologies (MAT) program, and we are
seeking a talented individual to teach an entry level course to its students
beginning this coming September.

The class should focus on giving students the understanding of how to plan,
develop, and implement a web presence for a specified target audience. We
also expect students will learn how to engage that audience with "extras"
that they drop into this environment (examples - YouTube videos / Flickr
connections / links to social networking sites + resources - Linked In / My
Space etc.) The focus of this Design I class is using/implementing/tailoring
what already exists, NOT developing objects themselves. We have moved away
from the teaching html/CSS to our pedagogy-focused students, and instead,
would like students to be able to create their site using WordPress.

Please respond with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio indicating your
web site development and teaching experience. No phone calls please.
Thanks.
~Elaine
--
Elaine Garofoli
MAT Program Director
egarofoli at gradcenter.marlboro.edu
www.gradcenter.marlboro.edu

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
    Frank Zappa