[Hidden-tech] Network Solutions forcing users to upgrade to PHP5

Charles Uchu Strader charles at gaiahost.coop
Tue Apr 15 10:27:57 EDT 2008

Adam,

If you are in need of an immediate PHP4 refuge we are still hosting a
server with it, though we are also on the move stop support for it fully
this year.  We are happy to work with customers in relation to their
ability/timing to update their app.

The big differences in PHP5 were around requirements related to proper
code syntax.  PHP4 allowed a lot of messy coding styles.  So if the app
was developed well, you might not have much migration/bug fix issue on
changing to PHP5.

Cheers,

Charles

Charles Uchu Strader
charles at gaiahost.coop            1-800-672-8060 x803
GAIA Host Collective, LLC    http://www.gaiahost.coop

 "Internet hosting from an environmentally and
   socially concerned worker-owned cooperative"