[Hidden-tech] Running Visio on Mac

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Fri Sep 28 11:42:57 EDT 2007

Greg Caulton wrote:
> I need to open a Visio (.vsd) document on my Mac.
>
> Does anyone have experience running CrossOverMac or similar solutions?

nope.

People here have been using Parallels. We have a MacBook Pro that runs
Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux, and Windows XP Pro. Allows pretty seamless use
of Windows applications if absolutely necessary.

However, . . .

You might not need to bother with Windows or Windows apps at all. Have
you taken a look at OmniGraffle? Should be on your Mac OS X install
already. If you like it, and it seems like it can do the job, then
OmniGraffle Pro will both import and export visio files. You can also
download a demo version or even get a demo license that will allow full
usage but expire after one day.

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraffle/pro/

See, e.g.: http://ask.metafilter.com/18239/Visio-equivalents-for-Mac

Chris Hoogendyk