[Hidden-tech] Electronic Mailing Lists

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Tue Oct 9 13:29:28 EDT 2007

A few points of clarification

A) Yahoo or Google groups are a service

B) ListServ and MajorDomo are software you (or someone) run on a
servers  you (or they control) and offer you (the list master)
service on -- also Listserv runs on a mainframe (or did since it is one
of the oldest list manager)
And both the publisher and others run services using both those.

As for ads, that is a function of the service and if they charge or are
free.

And a further note, the Hidden-tech list runs using Mailman, which we
have integrated with the user profile
system - which is software (B above) and there are people who run
services running mailman.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/