[Hidden-tech] Request for Article Value

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Fri Nov 16 15:14:58 EST 2007

Christine,

I have gotten anywhere from zero to a few hundred dollars for reprint
rights. Some of the zeroes have led to significant business; some
have not. Look at print run, who's publishing, how they plan to
market it, and make an informed decision.

I recommend writing back with something like...

Thank you for including me. could you please tellme your reprint fee,
print run, and publisher.

If they write back that they weren't paying, yuou can look at other
factors and decide if it's worth it--but you should insist on
including the resource information that *you* select as a condition
of use.

And follow David F.'s excellent advice about rights. You should
provide one-time non-exclusive anthology rights. If they want
exclusivity, they should pay real money.
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html