[Hidden-tech] Airport Extreme - printer

David Haines david at coresolutiongroup.com
Thu May 24 10:40:34 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Jeff Rutherford wrote:

>    ** The author of this post was a Good Dobee.
>    ** You too can help the group
>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> Is anyone on this list currently using an Airport Extreme and using
> it to print wirelessly? If you are and you're happy with your
> wireless printing experience, can you please email me the make and
> model number of the printer you're using.
>
> I purchased an Airport Extreme yesterday, hooked it up, only to
> discover that my HP printer is one of the printers that will not
> work with an Airport Extreme.
>
> Also, one other Airport Extreme question. There is a USB port on
> the back of the Airport Extreme for connecting a printer or a
> external hard drive. Is it possible to use a USB extension so that
> I can plug a printer and external hard drive to that USB port
> simultaneously vs. having to constantly plug and unplug the printer
> and external hard drive?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi Jeff,

I take it your HP is not listed here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?
lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00035369

have you tried the steps here ? :

As for the USB hub, using a passive (non-powered) USB hub is asking
for performance/reliability issues sooner or later. Considering how
phenomenally inexpensive even powered USB hubs are, you have nothing
to lose by using one (powered model).

Also keep in mind that nearly every USB hub I've seen tends to fail
over time (sometimes not even a year), they don't tend to be made to
last.

David Haines
Core Solution Group
www.coresolutiongroup.com