[Hidden-tech] Getting a last-minute passport

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Fri May 18 09:29:38 EDT 2007

someone in my family had to do this years ago, at that time you could
just show up.. apparently an appointment is now needed..

 From the state dept website:

If you need your passport urgently, generally in less than 2 weeks,
you may contact one of our Passport Agencies listed below. All
agencies take applications only by appointment. Please call in advance.

THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AN APPOINTMENT AT A PASSPORT AGENCY. CUSTOMERS
SHOULD NOT PAY ANYONE OR ANY BUSINESS MAKING SUCH A CHARGE.

To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety
regulations, Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to
applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors,
disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
    *
<http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies//passport/about/agencies/agencies_904.html>BOSTON
<http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies//passport/about/agencies/agencies_904.html>Passport
Agency
    * Thomas P. O'Neill Federal Building
    * 10 Causeway Street,
    * Suite 247
    * Boston, MA 02222-1094

Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: Boston Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling
within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel.  An
appointment is required.