[Hidden-tech] streaming media

Charles Uchu Strader sales at gaiahost.coop
Thu May 17 12:27:55 EDT 2007

Peter,

Some options:

1) If its not high traffic (meaning not more than 5-10 concurrent
viewers a time depending on the media) then just host the files on your
existing web site.  The "streaming" in this case is handled by the
viewers computer that downloads and auto-plays the media as it is available.

2) If it is high traffic then:

a) Pay for a specialized streaming hosting provider.   AudioVideoWeb.com
is a good provider based in eastern MA.

b) If you're ok with the distribution rights you may give away to
YouTube, then host it there for free and integrate it into your site.

And a media format tip.  Flash is best for video compatibility
now-a-days.  MP3 is still best for audio.

~Charles Uchu