[Hidden-tech] Virtual Assistants

Jeff Rutherford jeff at jeffrutherford.com
Wed May 16 11:09:19 EDT 2007

I don't have anything to do with this teleseminar mentioned below,
but I thought various Hidden Tech members would be interested in this
story re: Virtual Assistants. This is from a newsletter called
Publicity Hound (www.publicityhound.com)

This month, Reader's Digest and the Wall Street Journal both have
articles on the booming virtual assistant industry.

Stay-at-home moms and dads as well as talented but sometimes
jaded employees who are tired of the corporate world are setting
up shop for themselves, working for clients in their own
communities or thousands of miles away.

With skills such as bookkeeping, website development and public
relations, they're helping clients get speaking engagements,
maintain their websites, do invoicing, compile media kits, help
with other publicity tasks and do lots of other detail work that
drives people like me crazy.

"There is so much work for VAs, the field is thriving, absolutely
booming," said VA Diana Ennen, who was quoted in the Reader's
Digest article. She is the co-author of "Virtual Assistant the
Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA."

My own virtual assistant has freed me up to plan and launch three
major projects that will create new revenue streams this year.
Isn't it time you, too, stopped trying to do it all yourself?
I'll even help you.

Diana will team up with longtime virtual assistant Cindy Greenway
and join me during a teleseminar I'm hosting at 1 p.m. Eastern
Time this Thursday, May 17. It's called "How to Find a Virtual
Assistant to Help with Your Publicity Campaign."

We'll save you hours of time searching for a V.A. by telling you
exactly where to look and what kinds of questions to ask during
the interview. We'll explain how V.A.s charge for their services
and share tips for smooth sailing. We'll even talk about
sensitive topics like how to set boundaries with your assistant.

I first met Cindy several weeks ago when I contacted one of her
clients to participate in a joint venture project. He invited
Cindy, his assistant, to join the call and take notes. I assumed
she worked in his office. What I didn't realize until three weeks
later is that he's in Phoenix, Arizona and she's in British
Columbia, Canada. That's one of the beauties of working with a
V.A. They can perform most the same tasks they could perform if
they were seated next to you.

If you're flirting with the idea of hiring a V.A., join us this
Thursday. Registration is $39.95 which includes a recording of
the call on CD that we'll mail to you about 10 days later.

After you've hired your V.A., or found a part-time assistant,
join me for a one-week intensive training program June 11-15, via
telephone seminars. This will be just like sending
your V.A., part-time or full-time assistant, or summer intern to
publicity school. I will teach them how to handle all the
publicity grunt work--from researching media outlets to tracking
down the most influential bloggers. They'll even learn how to
help you maintain your online media room.

Several guest experts will be joining me for the calls. If you're
a V.A. who completes the training, you'll have an entirely new
skill set that will probably allow you to raise your fees. I'll
share all the details with you in the next week or two.

Register for the May 17 call on how to find a V.A. at
http://publicityhound.com/teleseminar.htm

Jeff Rutherford
jeff at jeffrutherford.com
413 369-4128 - phone