[Hidden-tech] business credit card?

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Thu May 3 17:13:17 EDT 2007

Many HTers know that I am thrifty. Not many know I am cheap...cheep, even.

So, when it comes to saving a penny I do. And I use American Express. Their
fee is offset by not having a late payment fee. How can I pay the damn bill
when I am away? Esp if the thing comes about 7 days before it is due.

They also back me up. I had a flat tire (tyre) in the UK a couple years
ago. Actually, it blew out on an M road. Not good! I changed it, but the
car rental company wanted 100 pounds for their tire. Finally they agreeded
to put in on the card, where I had charged the car. When I got home the
cost was down to 30 pounds. A call to AMEX solved the probelm in a
heart-beat. My cost, no pounds, or $$ either. I think that's what Eurocar
got also.

So, I recommend AMEX, and don't recommend Eurocar.

If you travel to Europe & Canada, you will also need a Visa card. Be
careful with their currency exchange fees, however. They might call it
"fee-free," but the rate has gone up in the past years.

Jim Ussailis
jim at nationalwireless.com