[Hidden-tech] Intro from Green Mtn Diapers

Green Mtn Diapers greenmtndiapers at comcast.net
Fri May 4 18:47:00 EDT 2007

Hello.  I joined recently but I think it's impolite to lurk, so here's an
into.

I'm Karen, owner of Green Mountain Diapers Corp, which is a home-based
online business selling cloth diapers and supplies.
CLOTH diapers? Huh?  Don't laugh! It's highly successful.  I've been doing
this almost 9 years.

I'm a retailer but a techie sort-of by necessity.  It's been impossible to
find anyone to help me, so I'm self-taught on everything, do all my own site
stuff and everything.   That can be read that I know pretty much nothing
except how to cut-and-paste, and if you thought that, you are correct.  But
cut-and-paste can work quite well.  I wish I new more and I continue to
learn.   Recently I had an issue with my site and tried to hire someone at
six places, but no one wants to do it. They are all to busy.   So, I will
continue to struggle through the tech side on my own I suppose.   Is that
the nature of the game overall?  More need out here than skilled people
available? Or is it just that people prefer making new sites rather than
supporting existing sites that they have not made, so it's
bottom-of-the-bucket work?

I'm in the process of installing a new shopping cart script and going
perhaps to live credit card processing.  I currently import everything from
my online order log and then process cards out of Quickbooks (Enterprise).
I'm wondering if live processing (authorize.net) will be more work or less
work.  I'll find out.

Because my business has grown so much, I'm doing everything I can to
streamline. I don't advertise at all and have cut out many products, but
still it keeps on growing as I try to pull back.  So increasing efficiency
is key.

Accounting is a strong area for me, more so than the scripting and such.  So
maybe I might be able to contribute here in that area.
Sincerely,
Karen Amidon