[Hidden-tech] Suggestions re: meeting places

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Sat Mar 17 15:11:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

Some suggestions  in response to the message re: inexpensive meeting space.
One I've only heard about and can't verify.  Someone told me the Burger King
on King Street in Noho has a community meeting room. They expect you to buy
food, but I was told the space was free.  Perhaps someone on the list knows
for sure about this.

Secondly,  the WriteAngles conference planning group I'm part of reserved a
space at Butternuts in Hadley for a late Saturday afternoon meeting and were
told that we didn't even have to order food (although most of us did).  The
owner seemed happy just to have us come and see the restaurant.  (I should
add that when we got there we found  they had misunderstood the date we
wanted and so they had reserved it for the Saturday before our meeting
instead of the Saturday of our meeting.  We ended up just putting some
tables together in their main dining room and they were VERY accommodating
to us.)

The Food Bank of Western MA  has a community room in its newly expanded
facility.  It holds up to 60 people and has tables, chairs and A/V
equipment.  It's available for free or for a nominal charge.

For a smaller meeting,  Media Education meeting room in the same building as
Woodstar Café in Noho on Packard Street is okay, as is the so-called
"Library" at Packard's on the same street.  The Packard's room only holds
about 12 at the most, but all you have to do is reserve it and buy some
food. I'm not sure how you reserve the Media Education meeting room, but
I'll bet someone on this list knows that organization.

Jeanne Yocum
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.
www.yourghostwriter.com