[Hidden-tech] low tech or high tech? skunk question

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Mon Jun 25 23:44:54 EDT 2007

For what it is worth, I had a problem with squirrels scratching at the
house, trying to get in. They can make a fine mess of some of the overhang
rafters.

So, I went to Coffee Gallery & got a 5 oz bottle of Boyajian Asian Chili
Oil. I was told that this is 'strong stuff.' I mixed about 1/2 of the jar
at about a 50/50 ratio with some of the house stain, and painted it on the
areas that were damaged.

It worked! Mr. Squirrel scratched once, and left. And has not been back for
several years. Total cost, about $3.00

I don't know how this can be adapted to a skunk, but if they scratch / root
in a common smallish place, something like this will probably discourage
them.

Many years ago I lived in the country. Skunks liked the trash can there.
Painting a bit of this oil around the rim of the trash can would work just
fine in that instance.

Jim Ussailis
jim at nationalwireless.com

PS; Use gloves. Wear saftey glasses.