[Hidden-tech] Grassroots use of Technology 2007

Tom Murray tmurray at cs.umass.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:07:02 EDT 2007

Please take note of this local conference happening soon.  There are
still seats available-- pass the word to colleagues in non-profit and
social change organizations.

> Calling all nonprofit and social change groups:
>
> We are pleased to anounce the final list of workshop for the OC
> annual conference, taking place this year just 30 miles from
> Boston, in the city of Lowell, Massachusetts. This conference is an
> opportunity, as the list shows below, to learn from some of the
> experts in the field of nonprofit and community technology, in 24
> workshops covering everything from email to databases to blogs to
> GIS to videocasting to web 2.0.
>
> Also there is a special event hosted by Aspiration, Inc. on Friday
> in concert with the OC event: Penguin Day.  Penguin Day is a
> participatory event in which non-profit organizations explore the
> range of issues and options involved using Free and Open Source
> Software (F/OSS).
>
> The cost of the event is $60 either day, and includes food. Some
> scholarships are available.  If you have any questions, please see
> the conference web site:  http://organizerscollaborative.org/
> conference. Also feel free to email
> conf07 at organizerscollaborative.org.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> OC 2007 Conference Agenda
> Grassroots of Technology -- Lowell, MA
>

> FRIDAY  (optional)
> Penguin Day 9am - 5pm -- Facilitated by Allen Gunn, Michelle
> Murrain, Beth Kanter
>

> SATURDAY
>
> Keynote Speaker, Allison Fine, author of Momentum:  Igniting Social
> Change in a Connected Age
>
> Workshops
>
> 1. Basic Technology Planning (Cheryl Jerozal, Netcorps, Durham, NC
> & Martha Rogers, PACE, New Bedford)
> 2. Capturing Data in an Increasingly Connected Web World (Jon
> Thorsen, Kintera, San Diego, CA)
> 3. Web 2.0 (Justin Perkins, Care2, Washington, DC)
> 4. Email Marketing Best Practice (Alec Stern, Constant Contact,
> Waltham)
> 5. Digital Advocacy on a Small Budget (Alan Rosenblatt, Internet
> Advocacy Center)
> 6. Boston Community Change:  A Pilot (Brian Goodman, Boston
> Community Change)
> 7. Open Standards: A Discussion (Michelle Murrain, Nonprofit Open
> Source Initiative, Amherst)
> 8. Helping Your Computer System Grow Up (Adam Frost, Consultant,
> Roslindale)
> 9. What to Do with All of that Data! (Sarah Bennet & Eric Weltman,
> Activists, Cambridge)
> 10. Creating a User-Friendly Website (Chris Leyda, Netpragmatics,
> Narberth, PA)
> 11. From Quantity to Quality in Online Communication and
> Collaboration:  Lessons Learned (Tom Murray, Online Communities
> Project, Easthampton)
> 12. E-Organizing on $5 a Day (Jason Zanon, Democracy in Action,
> Washington, DC)
> 13. Project Think Different:  Action Alert Network (Reginauld
> Williams, Project Think Different, Boston)
> 14. Unhyped Web 2.0:  Buzzwords for Beginners (Ben Sheldon, CTC
> VISTA Project & Rebecca White, California Coalition for Rural Housing)
> [...]

Tom Murray, EdD

Independent Consultant, Research, Knowledge Engineering, & Design for
Cognitive Tools & Educational Technology

252 Chesterfield Road, Westhampton, MA 01027 (413) 529-2120

tommurray.us at gmail.com, http://www.tommurray.us, http://
www.perspegrity.com