[Hidden-tech] David Shepherd is the latest profiled - your turn is next!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Sat Jul 21 17:28:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm so enjoying writing up these short profiles of my Hidden-Tech
buddies. Here's one on David Shepherd. PLEASE find me and send me
some bio so you can be next.

And hope to see many of you on Aug. 7 at the GoNOMAD Cafe in Deerfield.

Again - the address is: http://virtualdream-amyz.blogspot.com

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder

"Group Creativity. We're doing a lot of very small, creative sessions
this summer. If you want to be in one please give me a ring. Thank you."

That's the message you'd get if you called David Shepherd at his home
office. A fairly recent migrant from New York to western
Massachusetts, Shepherd is best known for his pioneering work in
improv theater. Mike Nichols and Elaine May worked with David many
years ago in Chicago on a project called Compass. Ed Asner and Alan
Alda have been long-time buddies and colleagues.

Oh, and David is now into his 80s.
A lean, slightly gaunt man who is cross patrician and cross "beat,"
he's a walking advertisement for a creative non-retirement. And he
happens to be a virtual company owner working from a home office.

This summer David is turning to his own generation to provide some
entertain for people in retirement homes and assisted living
arrangements. They'll be given topics like "elder romances," or
"giving up driving," or even "interfering boomer children" and get a
chance to act them out under the guidance of the master.

With any hope, David will turn this past-time into a money-maker.
Because being 82 or so doesn't mean you don't want to make a living, nowadays.

If this has enticed you, locate David's book . . . THAT MOVIE IN YOUR
HEAD. It will tell you all about improv theater turned into video
experiences. And take heart that you can operate a virtual business
long after corporate America says you've had it.

--
Posted By amyz to
<http://virtualdream-amyz.blogspot.com/2007/07/profile-david-shepherd-is-king-of.html>Living