[Hidden-tech] Question about list topics

Garth gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 11:32:04 EST 2007

> Forums probably won't work, because it's ADI, Another Damn Interface.
> Most of us just won't go there.
> Email is the interface, for better or worse.
What if the forum interface was married to the e-mail interface?
Perhaps a daily e-mail listing the active topics with links directly to the
place for reading and responding. That way we would be nudged into using the
forums. I think if the forums were actively used they would be much more
useful than the e-mail list.

Bill Carr

In an effort to not reinvent the wheel, I will just point out that Yahoo
Groups similar to that.  All the FreeCycle Groups run that way.  You can opt
to receive individual messages, digest messages, or only read on the
website.  Messages are auto-archived on the website and quite searchable.

Not such a bad model really....

-Garth