[Hidden-tech] Re: ? about self-promo

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Tue Jan 9 13:55:28 EST 2007

At 11:15 AM -0500 1/4/07, Daniel Fried wrote:
>I think you're right... even just making the contents of the survey/skills
>inventory nicely accessible (and useable) to the outside world would be
>helpful.  There are a lot of questions about how to handle member listings
>within that, but at least a lot of the pieces are there.

I've been away and am coming in late...but I think a
publicly-searchable/no-reg-required directory with search criteria
including both a menu of choices and a wildcard match (including
close matches as well as exact) would be a big service to both
members and prospects.

And Amy, while I resect your discomfort with the idea (and understand
the reasons), I do think that having a page up about you on the HT
site as kind of a permanent tribute for the vast hours you've put in
is an appropriate if inadequate way for the group to recognize that.
it's a way for the group to thank you and honor the work you've
done--but you should have control over the content. It could be an
"About Hidden Tech's Founder" page.
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html