[Hidden-tech] Thanx... next question...

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 17:29:22 EST 2007

I won't say stay away from HP, because I'm typing this on an HP laptop that
is probably the best-overall computer I've ever owned (mw8240).. but that's
not the lowest price..

during the "holiday season" I bought a $249.99-after-rebate-without-monitor
eMachines box to drive the family-room stereo. It is a perfectly fine
machine, the build quality and component choice is at least as good as the
Dells that my client(s) buy.. once upon a time eMachines were perhaps
so-so.. but given that they have survived, they must be building decent
stuff else the returns/warranty would have tanked them by now..