[Hidden-tech] Cell phone reception

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 04:44:47 EST 2007

Due to a change in jobs, my wife has both a Verizon and a Cingular phone.

Her verizon (LG) phone is usually usable at our house in Amherst, though
sometimes she has to be careful where she stands.

Her cingular (moto) phone is completely useless at our house.

My verizon (different moto) phone, and my daughter's verizon (CDMA version
of the cingular GSM moto) phone both work pretty well at our house.

In general, we have no problems with dropped calls on verizon, though
coverage up Rt 202 is shaky for a bit. The cingular phone usually hasn't
dropped a call once it is made, but it is much less likely around home to
make the connection in the first place.

The trial period is your friend.

...tom