[Hidden-tech] Sales and Marketing Job opportunity

Sheldon Snodgrass sheldon at steadysales.com
Fri Jan 19 09:23:56 EST 2007

Greetings HT'rs,

A client of mine is looking for a Catalog Sales & Marketing Director.  I
have posted all the details I have about the position below my signature.
If you or someone in your network is interested, please contact, Eileen
Hurley 413-589-9393 x105 ehurley at h-corp.net directly.  I have no other
information about the position.  However, I can tell you it's a great
company with dedicated and strong leadership.

Be well,

J. Sheldon Snodgrass, MBA
The Steady Sales Group
http://www.steadysales.com
Helping you get a dollar out of every dime spent on sales & marketing!

Job Title:  Catalog Sales & Marketing Director

Responsible to:  Owners/CFO

Review Schedule:  90 day (completion of probationary period)
   	Annually-December

Salary Range: $55,000 - $59,000

developing, justifying, implementing and tracking the effectiveness of
promotional tactics that build and sustain demand for DesignWork's
niche-market products and services.

PRIMARY DUTIES:

*	Directs the development, production, training, and distribution of
all sales promotion tools with a primary focus on our catalog publishing and
mailing operations.  Works closely with cross-functional work teams to
ensure successful implementation of sales tools.
*	Oversees brand campaigns - designs, develops and assists in the
leadership of all aspects of brand image and brand building. Explores and
analyzes differing strategies for brand and ensures successful campaign in
all areas including merchandising, web site, catalogs, consumer promotions,
tradeshows and advertising.
*	Forecast and track marketing and sales trends.
*	Manages and directs Account Representatives.
*	Conduct ongoing research and analysis on market trends.
*	Determine market growth opportunities and strategies
*	Develop mailing plans, including the selection of mailing lists.
*	Analyze sales reports and other statistical summaries.
*	Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences,
needs and buying habits to identify potential market and factors affecting
product demand.
*	Conduct research on consumer satisfaction and opinions.
*	Analyze the effectiveness of catalogs, direct mail and web to
achieve continued growth.
*	Ongoing management and strategic planning for our web site.
*	Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and
method of marketing and distribution.
*	Measure the effectiveness of marketing and advertising.
*	Work with Design Department on related marketing projects.

	SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:

*	Ensure all projects receive appropriate approval before being
assigned corporate financial resources.
*	Manages department revenues and expenses to the annual budget,
ensuring that the budget is not exceeded.  Tracks multiple projects and
manages project expenses against budget figures.
*	Participates in department and company wide planning process;
manages growth and budget increases according to company strategy and goals.
*	Manages and conducts post-promotion evaluation to measure program
effectiveness results.

	REQUIREMENTS:
*	Management experience
*	Excellent organizational skills & effective time management
*	Thorough knowledge of all product line
*	Ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
*	Strong interpersonal skills
*	Ability to promote high level of team work
*	Travel to trade shows, fabric shows, fashion shows
*	Proficient in all Microsoft computer software