[Hidden-tech] Seeking Less Expensive Phone Options

Centennial House cenhouse at valinet.com
Wed Jan 31 11:19:12 EST 2007

Dear HT-ers, Our 1 year business package (all phone) from Verizon will end
soon, thankfully, and we are seeking less expensive alternatives.  A company
called DC Communications from Rhode Island is offering .039/minute for long
distance and toll free with supposedly none of the added fees or surcharges
that Verizon adds to your bill.  Has anyone ever heard of them?  They are
persistent.

We live in Northfield where cell phone and other newer technologies tend not
to perform as reliably as necessary.  We currently use Comcast, which we are
very happy with, for cable TV and high speed Internet access (versus a
horrible experience with Verizon) but they don't offer 800 numbers, which we
rely on too.  We have T-Mobile for our cell phone, which is acceptable, and
a huge improvement over Cingular.  As a lodging establishment, the phone and
computer are our lifelines to customers, so we can't afford to experiment.
However, all this is expensive and we feel there must be a better way.
Advice?  Joan and Steve Stoia

Centennial House B&B and Conference Center

94 Main St., Northfield, MA 01360

On the web:  <http://www.thecentennialhouse.com/> www.thecentennialhouse.com

Email:  <mailto:info at thecentennialhouse.com> info at thecentennialhouse.com

Tel: 413.498.5921, 877.977.5950