[Hidden-tech] Time to Use the FORUMS! - Total thread drift - there are places for local boardband issues

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Wed Feb 28 22:21:44 EST 2007

>With that said, bandwidth has little to do with the issue, it is operating
>style more than anything.
>
>What I didn't see in this discussion is that idea that the mailing lists
>are for general interest discussions and the forums are a place to move
>for a more focused, and more selected discussions.

That only works for people who like forums. The reason you get
consistent resistance whenever this is brought up is that people make
their technology choices according to personal preferences, and the
experiences of a forum and an email list are vastly different to the
user, and not every one cares to switch to the forum existence. I'm
one among many who prefer not to switch.

At 11:41 AM -0500 2/28/07, A - Z International wrote:
>  I'm suggesting using them for collaborative work projects that
>involve a handful of people so as not to annoy others. That's about
>it.

OK, Amy, that makes sense. Just as I have a private yahoogroup woith
two members--myself and my assistant.

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html