[Hidden-tech] Time to Use the FORUMS!

Tish Grier tishgrier at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 08:18:03 EST 2007

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

  I have a (slow & unreliable) dial-up interface, so a graphics &
formatting heavy forum is a total pain to deal with (way to slow).  I

  Access to higher speed connections--which give us access to a whole host of new developments on the Internet--is a *huge* issue out here...

  Perhaps rather than worrying about the forums we should use the organization to start a grassroots effort to compel companies like Verizon to give access to broadband/high speed internet connections. (I'm very aware of Verizon's strangle-hold on broadband in Mass--and how it's influenced the State House on the matter.  Lack of access to high-speed connections is a serious problem that has a serious and direct impact on economic development out here...)

  Not that having higher-speed access would get some of us to use the forums.  personally, I just don't like them and don't have time to check them.  I spend most of my time fielding emails, reading stuff in rss or from my google alerts and writing, so popping over to a forum isn't something that I have all that much time for.  Email's much, much easier for me--I can just delete what I don't want to read.

  Tish G.

It's here! Your new message!