[Hidden-tech] Software Engineer Wanted

Jami Albro-Fisher jafisher at metacomet.com
Tue Feb 20 12:42:28 EST 2007

Title

Software Engineer

Posted on

February 2, 2007

Position

Full time

Salary

Competitive and Commensurate with experience

Contact

Jami Albro-Fisher

Description

MetaComet Systems, a rapidly growing company located in South Hadley,
Massachusetts, develops enterprise software solutions and management
consulting services for publishers and all other licensees of
intellectual property.  Over the past 5 years, we have signed some of
the most prominent American publishers, beating out our competition
through superior technology and implementation capabilities.

We use software engineering best practices including SCRUM, pair
programming, and iterative development as a competitive advantage.  The
Software Engineer participates in all aspects of this activity to
develop and enhance our enterprise software products.  This is a highly
visible position with a direct impact on the customer experience and on
MetaComet's bottom line

The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of database
architecture and programming, excellent attention to details, and a
willingness to work in a team environment.  He/she will communicate
effectively with customers when necessary and be committed to meeting
their needs.  Occasional travel may be required.

Requirements

EDUCATION

BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.

REQUIRED

2+ years professional experience

Demonstrated experience with a relational database management system

SQL proficiency

Basic understanding of software engineering methodologies

Ability to understand and implement requirements

PREFERRED

Visual FoxPro, C#.NET and SQL Server

LOCATION

South Hadley, MA

Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter by email
to hr at metacomet.com.  No recruiters please.

Jami Albro-Fisher
Director of Engineering

29 College Street