[Hidden-tech] Job opps: Programmers, system admin, and project managers

Tamar Schanfeld tamar at tnrglobal.com
Thu Dec 27 21:53:20 EST 2007

TnR Global needs top notch technical talent to work on web projects.
All projects are Linux/Apache/MySQL based with the bulk of projects in
php using perl for maintenance. Some projects use java, many use
javascript on the client side, and a number use python as part of
other applications. We have a wide scale of projects and all projects
are at some level of constant improvement all the time. We use rapid
prototyping techniques and our own style of agile development
planning.

http://www.tnrglobal.com/about-jobs.html

We need:
Full-time Project managers who can program and be team leaders
FT and PT Programmers who can take a minimal project description and
make a full spec
FT System Administrators who can work with programmers to implement a
full system
Any of the above FT and PT who can manage and train junior staff

Below is a list of skills; developers need to be very strong in the
skills listed with experience in project management. Project managers
and system administrators need to very strong in project management
skills or server administration with some skills in programming areas.

Experience/Technical Requirements:
(A good mix of the listed skills is required, exact strength depending
on position and level)

For project managers:
* 1-3 years of technical project management experience,
preferably in a telecommuting environment
and using rapid or agile development approaches
classic project management skills (gant, etc.) are not critical

For programmers:
* 2-6 years of experience with scripting languages (PHP, Perl, Python,
Javascript)
* 2-6 years of experience with markup languages (HTML, CSS, XML).
* A working knowledge of object-oriented programming and system designing.

For system Administrators:
* 3 years experience Linux/Unix operating system commands/utilities
* Ability to read and write basic shell scripts,
use of regex and IO redirection required.

For everyone:
* Demonstrable skill with most Linux/Unix operating system commands/utilities
* 1+ years (more for programmers) of experience designing, maintaining and
modifying SQL/MySQL queries, tables and databases.

Interesting:
* Experience with web applications: Joomla!, wordpress and other common ones
* Proficiency in dynamic HTML and cross-platform DHTML issues.
(HTML/ CSS/ JavaScript/ Ajax/ DOM).
* Experience with design patterns, dependency-based build and source
control systems, and other programming tools.
* Experience with various server packaging systems: rpm, apt
* 2 years of programming experience with Java, C/C++, C#, or
equivalent language.

Non-technical requirements:
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Attention to detail, organizational skills, documentation skills.
* The ability to work remotely from home via a high-speed Internet connection.
* The ideal candidate is disciplined and able to define and meet
deliverables with little to no supervision.
* Telecommuting experience
* Within 150 miles of 01301 (Greenfield, MA)

Email resumes as simple text email or as web URLs of your resume to
jobs at tnrglobal.com. Please do not email word processing documents.
(This is for conversion and virus reasons). Be sure to include contact
phone number and any calling limitations. Subject heading should
include the position you are applying for: Project Manager,
Programmer, or System Administrator. Please do not call, we will email
or call you if we are interested in scheduling an interview.