[Hidden-tech] Where to Rent a GOOD Karaoke Machine

Lou Davis loudavis99 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 15:25:08 EST 2007

OK, funny post but for a real "tech" need...

We're planning for a little holiday office party and want to rent a
karaoke machine -- not one of those one-piece "Sears machines" (any
Zappa fans out there?) with scratched-up CDs, dirty pots and a ripped
speaker cone... a real one with thousands of songs stored on an internal
hard drive with a decent mic and a kick-ass sound system.  We got one
last year from Taylor Rental and, although we did have fun, it blew.
The sound was lame and the few songs available were limited to those
released prior to 1989.  I mean, I've got nothing against Love Shack and
White Wedding per say, it's just that I can't bear the thought of
hearing (or seeing) my coworkers hack their way through them on
one-too-many drams of nog EVER AGAIN.

So, if any of you have any suggestions for where we may find such a
modern marvel representing the merger of sophisticated technology,
cheesy pop songs and drinking games, all of us at MSR would really
appreciate it.  We've inquired at all the Taylor/Northampton Rental-type
places and the party stores from here to Springfield, but all can only
offer us the toy-like models.

Thanks in advance for your assistance regarding this pressing matter.
As Crocker's mail servers seem to be down (at least the one handing our
email accounts), please reply to all so I can get your responses through
my Yahoo account.

Happy Holidays!

Lou Davis
Vice President