[Hidden-tech] Comcast

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Wed Dec 5 10:43:08 EST 2007

Jeff Hobbs wrote:
> I had that problem throughout the year I tried Comcast as a landline
> phone provider. I'd pick up the phone, and there would be no dial
> tone. Contacting Customer Service did no good. I finally gave up on
> having a landline altogether and got an iPhone instead. Much better.

I've only had that happen one time with Earthlink TrueVoice (which goes
out over Comcast in Amherst), and a call to customer service got a good
response. They were having some system wide problems that they were
aware of and working on. I've called Comcast before, and there's no
comparison between the customer service of the two.

I'm jealous of your iPhone though.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator