[Hidden-tech] Cell phone...never mind

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Mon Aug 13 12:15:37 EDT 2007

What Deb has discovered happens to us all the time - esp with older
'Smart' phones (or PDAs like Palm 6xx).
The Wireless companies are often clueless - T-mobile is anyway - good
that AT&T even recognized the problem.

It was explained best to me that when you are in a fringe area like most
of western mass and go on and off the
network repeatedly - the system the towers use to hand off the the cel
connection gets confused and just thinks
your phone is busted and so puts you offline.

It really has nothing to do with cleaning the SIM card - just turn your
phone full off for 5 min so the network clears your
presence, depending on your phone that might mean removing the battery
but no usually.

And it has nothing to do with home land (in)security -- we have seen
this problem since well before 2001,
it varies between networks.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/