[Hidden-tech] Printing directly onto CDs and DVDs

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Mon Aug 6 18:31:32 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone in our community has experience with inkjet
printers that can print directly onto CDs and DVDs. If so, how well has this
process worked for you? What printer might you recommend, if any?

I produce small batches of CDs (guided meditations for my stress reduction
courses). I typically make 10-15 discs at a time, and I do this about 4-8
times per year. Not (yet) a high volume operation. I have tried using
stick-on labels for my CDs, but I find it takes a lot of work to apply them
in such a way that I feel confident the labels will not peel off.

Last week, I saw the HP 5160 in Staples for about $90. The sample CDs they
had in the store looked pretty good. I know there are some Epson models that
print on CDs, too. I realize that the blank, printable CDs also cost a bit
more than ordinary blank CD-Rs.

I know that I could buy pre-printed, black CDs, but that would not work well
for me as I need the flexibility of producing small batches of new discs as
I create them.

So, do you have experience with such inkjet printers and would you recommend
one?

Thanks,

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.
Valley Mindfulness

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being
* A Taste of Mindfulness:
> Introduction to mindfulness-based approaches to health and wellness.
> Tuesday, August 7, 6:30­8:30 pm
> Tuesday, September 18, 6:30­8:30 pm

* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: