[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

ken blan ima_krazy_freak at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 17:19:55 EDT 2007

will i have had the exact same problem with my comcast connection. about every 20 minutes it would cut out and disconnect what ever i was streaming, or connected to for a short moment and be right back to normal again. ive tried something different and it has increased my internet responce speed very noticably, and ive stayed connected to a stream solid for 2 hours now, where before i couldent stay connected longer than 30 minutes without an interruption...comcast recently within the last month or 2 has upped everyones upload speed to double what it was before (depending on your package you went from 356kbps to 768kbps or from 768kbps to 1.5Mbps) anyways it seems my router couldent handle this speed transition very well and would get blips in the connection, to solve it since i already have a server that runs 24/7 at my house doing DNS and hosting a website, i added a second NIC (Network Interface Card) to my server, and enables NATS (Network Address Translation Server).
 since then its been working very smoothly. im not saying go out and buy a server, but you might want to try getting a new router, possibly updating the firmware in your router, or taking an old computer you dont use, or that you leave on 24/7 and install 2 NICs in it and run internet connection sharing or NATS. hopefully this helps as i know personally how frustrating it is to get disconnected all the time for no apparent reason.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.