[Hidden-tech] Hidden-Tech Healthcare Program Success

Silvana Gravini silvana at silvana.net
Wed Apr 25 12:48:01 EDT 2007

April 24, 2007  |  Hidden-Tech Healthcare Program Update

By July 1, 2007 all residents of Massachusetts age 18 and over are
required to have health insurance. The eyes of the nation are on us as
Massachusetts is the first state to attempt 100% compliance -- where
state government in cooperation with private-sector insurer's will work
to provide everyone with adequate health insurance coverage.

A great group of Hidden-Techer's were richly rewarded by an excellent,
exceptionally informational program discussing this groundbreaking
legislation.  Many, many thanks to Dan Keenan, Vice President,
Government Affairs for the Sisters of Providence Health System (SPHS)
who came prepared with a comprehensive presentation explaining the
legislation's genesis, party and political considerations, and how
it'll be structured at rollout (just a couple months away).  Attendees
came with prepared with so many very good questions -- the 2-hour
program passed quickly with lively Q and A throughout.

Sincerest thanks and much appreciation also go out to SPHS's Brenda
McCormick, Vice President, Fund Development, Linda McGurn, Director,
Major Gifts and Jennifer Wheeler for their efforts in making Dan
available to us, for coordinating use of a terrific presentation room
and for treating us to a delicious dinner as well!  We're grateful.

For those of you who couldn't make it, our own Claudia Gere captured
the presentation and will make the audio available to our community
soon.  Stay tuned!  Also, if you'd like to learn something about this
legislation, please go to the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector
site at:  http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=hichomepage&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Qhic

One last but important thing ... we'd like to strongly encourage you to
please join Vincent McCorkle, President and CEO of Catch the Spirit (an
educational awareness program for SPHS)  at any of the following
one-hour presentations:  March 5, 9am; April 18, 9am; May 15, 9am; June
26, 9am; July 17, 12noon; and September 26, 9am.

Catch the Spirit is an initiative established in 2004 for the purpose
of:  (1) Keeping our community informed about the health system; (2)
Engaging the public in SPHS future works; and (3) Identifying friends
and donors for the health system.  To RSVP for the Catch the Spirit
series, please call Jackie Keady, at (413)748-9925 (or email
jackie.keady at sphs.com).

Many thanks again to everyone who participated in yesterday's event!

Silvana Gravini
Board Member
Hidden-Tech

_______________

Silvana Gravini

Silvana.Net
P.O. Box 67
Northampton, MA  01060

(413) 585.0985
http://www.silvana.net

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error
please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete
this message from your computer. Thank you.