[Hidden-tech] Drupal developer needed for New Hampshire Public Radio

Tish Grier tishgrier at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 14:04:34 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

New Hampshire exec. editor Jon Greenberg emailed me the other day wondering if I knew a Drupal
guru/developer who could help them with a very important project.  The attached file has the full
job description, but here's some info on the project:

Primary Place Online (PPO) is a project to bring the New Hampshire primary experience to voters in
other states, particularly voters in large states holding primaries two weeks after NH.   Even
with the accelerated primary schedule, NH voters continue to enjoy exceptional access to the
presidential candidates.  PPO takes the voters in one town, Exeter, NH -- population 14,704 -- and
gives them the chance to create authentic profiles of themselves on the web.  They then will be
supported in posting blog entries as they hear and meet the presidential candidates.  Using PPO,
voters in other states will be able to scan through the Exeter profiles and choose to read blog
entries from those voters’ that they think will provide them with the best insights.

PPO is being developed in beta by New Hampshire Public Radio and KPBS-San Diego.  The key
functionalities fall into two categories.  One, the content creation side with the profiles and
the blogs.  Two, the content sorting side by voters in large states and the feed of selected
content to affiliate station web sites, such as KPBS.  In addition, voters in large states will
have the chance to post comments on blog entries and post questions to both individual Exeter
voters (as a comment) or the group as a whole (separate function).

NHPR uses a Drupal platform – currently 4.6 but an upgrade to 5.1 should be completed by June and
coding should bear that upgrade in mind – but the platforms of affiliate stations will vary.
Timeline:  The profile/content creation functions need to be in place by May 19th.  The content
sorting and feeds should be in place by May 31st.

Jon mentioned that interested parties should email him directly at jgreenberg at nhpr.org

this is one project that makes me wish I knew Drupal better :-)

Tish G.