[Hidden-tech] Positronic Design Party Videos - An incredibly cheap and easy way to "podcast"

David Caputo david at positronicdesign.com
Wed Apr 4 18:46:18 EDT 2007

Hello All,

With regards to the previous discussions on Podcasting...

I just discovered how absolutely easy it is to create a channel on
YouTube.com, download your videos from a DV camcorder like my >$300 Sony
Handycam with Mini-DV, edit and compress them using iMovie on a Mac, and
then upload them to YouTube and include them in your web sites for free
with no bandwidth charges.

It's truly amazing.

Set up a "Director" account and it gives you your own Channel, i.e. all
of your videos on one easy-to-link-to, easy-to-remember-url page.

For example:

http://youtube.com/PositronicDesign

See also the one we put up on our home page:

http://www.PositronicDesign.com

It's very easy to embed the videos (they give you the code), and they
run on your site for "free", as in a hundred or a thousand or more
people could watch and it wouldn't increase your hosting expenses
because of the bandwidth used, it's all complements of Google at this point.

The examples shown are live music videos (recorded at a business
anniversary party), but Talking Head videos or narrated stills showing
charts, graphs and illustrations wouldn't be much harder and the video
processing is easy-as-pie now thanks to iMovie, and iMovie comes free
with any new-ish Mac.

So enjoy the videos, Check out Unit7 with Kim Zombik and the Trailer
Park Horns at the Iron Horse on May 19th, be sure not to miss the next
party May 12th.

Email me back if you want to be put on the invite list.

David Caputo
Positronic Design

For more info on Northampton's incredible Unit7 see:

http://www.myspace.com/unit7band