[Hidden-tech] Help!

Alan Hurwitz ahalink at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 09:19:36 EDT 2007

Esteemed Colleagues,
I could really use a bit of advice. My HD seems to be filling up. I'm
getting messages saying my "Start-Up Disk is full." I'm sure I have a
lot of junk on my HD, that I could get rid of with relative impunity,
but I'm afraid of trashing something my Mac really needs to keep liking
me. Is there anyway to know what can safely be trashed? I do a lot of
photo work, and those images are taking a lot of space.

Also, a few of the folders I tried to trash won't go peacefully. I keep
getting a message saying "The file is locked." Is there a way to unlock
locked folders to trash them to make more space? Should I?

Any advice on any part of this will be greatly appreciated. I know I
eventually need to use a second disk drive, but I'm trying to delay
that for a while for various reasons. If anyone would rather give me a
call than e-mail, my number is 413-256-0931. Thanks in advance. (I'm
happy to provide some free organizational problem-solving to anyone who
can help me out with this.)

Alan Hurwitz