[Hidden-tech] electronic text conversion

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 17:20:54 EDT 2007

Is the source material truly print (or image), or is it "stuff
displayed by some application"?

Someone responded that mac os has some facilities built in for the
former, and I'm pretty sure windows does as well (when I left the
assistive tech world - DECtalk - in the late 90s, we were
cooperating/competing with MS on some of this stuff) .. if the source
is print/image, you'll have to do the OCR step first..

The Massachusetts Commission for the Blind probably has resources to
help focus your efforts as well.. they were a good group back when I
was working with them..

...tom

At 04:08 PM 4/24/2007, dschein at fsinnovations.net wrote:

>Text conversion is a process to convert print into another format (e.g. audio
>[...]

Tom Kopec W1PF
Amherst, MA