[Hidden-tech] Need a wiring person for small job

DAVID F. FARKAS david at farkas.com
Thu Apr 12 10:55:36 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Seeking advice.  I have very reluctantly decided to give up on
Daylite (a mac only CRM) and Quickbooks for Mac, after spending a
couple years on each.  I love the Mac but it finally has become
definitively clear that I should use programs such as Quickbooks PC
version, and ACT!, and other programs that tie-in with them (Outlook,
shopping cart, credit card processing for offline purchases, etc.

I have a Mac server (it's Xserve, which I believe can work fine with
PC's)
4 Mac PowerPC-based Mac
1 PC

I am planning to buy Quickbooks and ACT! that will reside on my server

should I:
1. keep my macs and run the programs off my server and serve PC pages
to my Mac (virtual machine? or vpn?).  Or try virtualizer software
that still works on the PowerPC (virtual PC won't do the trick, I
tried it)
2. buy PC's
3. buy the new Macs with Intel chips and use Parallels or wait for
Fusion

All the best,

Jonathon Podolsky
Producer at WholeHealthExpo.com
Voice: 413.584.0010
Toll-Free: 877.WHE.EXPO
Toll-Free: 877.943.3976
Fax: 413.586.5846
Click here for Whole Health Expo website including information about
our events and applications