[Hidden-tech] Some Added Reasons to Exhibit at Internship Fair

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Wed Sep 27 10:13:24 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:19:30AM -0400, A - Z International wrote:

> With only 9 days to sign up for the Internship Fair at the
> "early bird" rate of $25, I wanted to pass on some incentives
> to attend.

Some more info for folks on the fence.

I called UMASS office because it wasn't clear to me if interns
needed pay or not.

Here's what I was told:

    - the fair is for liberal arts majors with an IT minor

    - interships are 3, 6, or 9 month terms

    - if internship has appropriate focus, students get academic
      credit

    - if student can get academic credit, they may take a
      non-paid internship

    - since the IT is a minor, it's possible to get credit for a
      technical internship

    - an internship spent answering phones won't get credit.

    - an internship creating marketing collateral and strategy
      likely would get credit

    - it's the first time the career office is doing this for
      Hidden Tech.

So for $25 bucks and four or five hours of time, it seemed like a
good investment.

You can pay Amy the $25 using PayPal, so it's easy to sign up.

Hopefully, we will get a good turnout so hidden-tech will get
access to this resource again.