[Hidden-tech] Internet Access in the sticks?

Michael J Duquette thequietone at charter.net
Mon Sep 11 16:43:00 EDT 2006

Help! I'm moving from Easthampton (where I have lickity-split 3 meg
Broadband service) up to Goshen, just about 2 miles from the Border with
Williamsburg. OK, OK, not anywhere near "the sticks", but millions of
miles away from current technology it seems.

Does anyone know what Options I have for anything faster than POTS Dial-up?
I've spoken with Verizon, and they tell me DSL is too far away. Goshen
has no cable.
Is there anyone on this list living in the "Hills " who has found a good
solution?
I will have satellite for TV, but it's pretty unreliable. There are some
trees (that I don't own, and can't chop) blocking my View of the
southern sky. The Sat reception is pretty spotty, especially on windy or
rainy days... not sure how good Satellite Internet would work.

I am going to go CRAZY trying to live with 56k after having High speed
for so long.

Thanks for your help,
Mike Duquette