[Hidden-tech] Hidden-Tech satellites - guidelines - need help

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Sep 14 10:53:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,

It's so great to see people like Jeff Rutherford, Kathy Reinig and Ed
Bride proposing casual Hidden-Tech gatherings throughout the region.
The PR/Programming committee is struggling to handle the regular
event load and can't foster as many events and programs as we would
like. So, definitely feel free to put together these sort of casual groups.

By the by, Kathy is developing  satellite group in the northern tier
(Orange, Athol, Greenfield, Barre/New Salem, etc . . .). She will
reach the group about dates/times of meetings.

Jeff has mentioned lunches for anyone interested. I've recommended he
schedule them at Esselon in Hadley, which is very central OR that he
scatter them throughout the region so many people can attend.
Remember, we are a far-flung region.

Ed, one of our Berkshire coordinators, is recommending similar
lunches in the Berkshires for anyone who wants to attend.

There are a few caveats to all of this wonderful activity. Please,
organizers, try to avoid official Hidden-Tech events that have been
posted to the announcement list and appear on the Web site under
EVENTS. Also, if you want to develop a program that requires
Hidden-Tech's approval you must submit a formal proposal (email is
fine) to the board. All rules/guidelines are posted on the Web site.
We don't consider informal events like lunch or dinner gatherings
that are ad hoc to fall under OFFICIAL HT programming.

The new FORUMS under the LIVE part of the site are a great place for
clusters to communicate without annoying everyone. You can post all
sorts of news, promotional information, even talk politics there. If
you want to alert the list, then just tell them to meet you at the
Forums, which sounds very Greco-Roman to me.

And do think of helping out the PR/Programming committee. We need
input and assist at actual events, plus promo writers to back me up.
In fact, I'm seeking someone to take over PR/Programming after this
year, though I will still handle three events plus direct promo
writing if needed.

You can find me directly at az at a-zinternational.com or azintl at crocker.com.

best,

Amy Zuckerman