[Hidden-tech] Thanks to all who made last night a success!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Tue Sep 12 22:12:44 EDT 2006

A hearty thanks to the RTC board and president Ellen Bemben; our
facilitators Ravi Kulkarni and Lynn Turner, and all Hidden-Tech
companies who came out and strutted their stuff to make our opener a
smash success.

A rough count showed about 60 attendees from all over the region and
from a both business and academia. There were also a number of RTC
board members present and all seemed extremely impressed with the
huge amount of talent we represent.

I can't recount all of Ellen's talk here, but she discussed the fact
that RTC will be promoting life sciences/biotech for the time being,
but sees roles for many of us as subcontractors to those companies
being attracted to the region, whether we're in life sciences,
software developers, PR or marketing. Down the line, Ellen hopes to
be able to work on building other clusters, as well. For example, I
will be representing RTC at the Oct. 3 New Media Focus Group along
with Hidden-Tech (see www.hidden-tech.net).

We were sorry not to get to play out Ravi's collaborative team
exercise to the extent planned because of time constraints. The short
amount of time spent on the program -- we broke into groups and
assessed how we could build collaborations or even businesses -
-indicated that this is a super program that could lead to future
business alliances. The PR/Programming committee and board will
consider offering this as a stand-alone program in the spring or down the line.

Hope to see many of you at future programs. The line up is posted at
www.hidden-tech.net under EVENTS.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder, Clerk