[Hidden-tech] Re: Referral Commissions...

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Fri Oct 27 17:25:57 EDT 2006

At 2:35 PM -0400 10/27/06, Jeanne Yocum wrote:
>In short...don't start giving away income that you don't have to
>give away. Plenty of people are happy to give referrals for all
>kinds of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with the thought
>of a financial payback.  I recommend playing it by ear with each
>individual.

I agree. while I do pay for many referrals, I also get (and give)
many with no monetary compensation. I phrase like this:

"Thank you for referring ____ to me. In my referral program, I offer
a choice of commission or karma points--which would you prefer?"

Quite a number would rather have karma points, which is fine with me.
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html