[Hidden-tech] call for volunteers for creative summit

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Wed Oct 18 14:46:39 EDT 2006

Hi Guys,

Hidden-Tech will most likely take a table at this
summit. But I need HELP. I can't get there this
early on Saturdays nor stay the whole day. Hoping
some of you want to help promote Hidden-Tech and
if you're in arts/new media promote your businesses.

Reach me directly at az at a-zinternational.com if
you want to help out for an hour or more.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder, Clerk

Fostering Art and Culture Creative Economy Summit
Saturday, November 4, 2006    l 9:00 – 4:15

9 – 9:30  Registration and Networking

9:30 – 9:45  Welcome   Fostering the Arts; Meri
Jenkins, Massachusetts Cultural Council;

9:45 – 11:15 – Creative Economy Panel discussion
Participants:  Stuart Rosenfeld; Meri Jenkins;
Beth Siegel, Mt Auburn Associates; Maren Brown,
U-Mass Arts Extension Service; Craig Dreeszen, Dreeszen & Associates

11:15 – 11:30   Break

11:30 – 12:30  Breakout groups:

      Creative Economy: Building the Creative
Economy through Marketing & Audience Building
      Amy Shapiro moderator
If Marketing is the process of engaging others to
buy your product or care about your work, how can
we create a marketing plan for Franklin County
that will shape the view that this area is the
place for quality art and culture?

      Building the Franklin County Manifesto: A
dedication to a creative community
      Bob Barba moderator
A manifesto is most often a declaration of
intentions and ideas. Through out history it has
been the form that artists and politicians have
used to announce new schools of thought,
formulate guidelines to movements, and rally
public support. This session will seek to create
the foundation for what will become our Franklin
County Manifesto in support of the creative
community.  In the short span of one hour we will
build the key components that are essential to
the manifesto and the support of community, the creative economy, and culture.

      Building the Creative Economy: Franklin County: circa 2016
      Ann Hamilton, Leo Hwang-Carlos moderators
The only constant is change.  Those of us in the
arts and the creative sector are perhaps more
comfortable with that truth than are many, but
when it comes to our beloved Franklin County, the
idea of the coming changes can be distressing.
Will changes in technology, land use, and the
global economy determine our future, or can we
act locally to be the change we want to see in
our own region?  With attention to changes in
demographics and the needs of communities, we’ll
discuss education, especially arts education,
diversity, employment and its many forms, and the
role of arts in local politics and policies. The
big question is “What positive changes do we want
to happen and what steps do we take to realize
those changes?”  With a small panel of local
change agents from the creative sector and
elsewhere, we’ll discuss our collective vision of
Franklin County 2016 and discuss how each of us
will take part in realizing our vision for a
vibrant creative economy in a region of great
natural and cultural attractions.

12:30 – 1:30  Lunch and Showcase

1:30 – 2:30  Keynote Stuart Rosenfeld, expert on Creative Rural Economy

2:30 – 2:45 break

2:45- 3:45  Local Strengths
Hear from some well-known local artists about
their successes and how they got there.  They
will describe some key moments which helped shape
their careers, and talk about the balance between art making and business.

3:45 – 4:15   Closing Remarks   Feedback prize drawing, Breakout group report