[Hidden-tech] For the record: Web display issue was Spysweeper

Ron Miller ronsmiller at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 09:55:34 EDT 2006

It turns out that the web-page display issue I was having was not
related to Comcast at all (as some of you suspected). When I shut down
my spyware program, Spysweeper, this morning, the display problems
disappeared and everything displayed quickly.

Good to be back to normal. You just never know what is causing a
problem. I had assumed it was service degradation, my recent Firefox
upgrade or my firewall, Zone Alarm.

I checked the Webroot web site and they admit a performance issue with
their latest major release. A recent patch was supposed to fix it, but
unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue on my machine.

Zone Alarm also monitors spyware, so I will keep Spysweeper off for the
time being.

Ron